Faculty/ & Staff Resources
Faculty and Staff: Global Engagement Toolkit
Do you have an exciting idea for an in-person or virtual global program (study, research, service learning, or field work)? To start, we recommend contacting your Chair or Dean's Office about any internal approval and administrative processes which might already exist to support you.
Additionally, Study Abroad and Global Engagement (SAGE) will work collaboratively with those processes and also support you in meeting university and EIP requirements. Please find some helpful materials below to help you get started in your program leader journey.
Step 1. Program Proposal Documents
Your department or college may have its own internal proposal document or process; CSUF also requires these proposal forms to demonstrate department and college awareness of the program and approval to move forward with your program planning. The form content asks faculty to pull together program ideas into a comprehensive proposal, which you can submit to the SAGE office, after obtaining Chair and Dean's Office approvals. Electronic signatures are acceptable.
- Department Program Proposal - Academic Approval.pdf,
- Department Program Proposal - Program Content and Logistics.pdf
Step 2. Budget Proposal Documents
- Program Budget Template_7.22.2022.xlsx - Building a realistic budget is key to helping your program through the required approval process. Our office is happy to assist you, and this budget template is a start to understanding which costs most commonly factor into the student program fee.
- Department Program Budget Approval Form.pdf - Additionally, the program budget must have Department, College (if applicable) and EIP approvals before a program can begin accepting applications. After obtaining the initial approvals described in Step 1 above, SAGE will work closely with you to facilitate this process!
- Timeline: Department Program Timeline.pdf - This document is meant to help program leaders manage expectations about how far in advance program planning should begin, as well as tasks involved during each stage of the program development and implementation process.
- University Funding Guidelines: Fiscal Guidance - Study Abroad Programs 6-15-2022.pdf - This document provides important information about how University funding may or may not be used in support of department programs.
Questions? Ready to Plan? Meet with us!
Our team is happy to meet with you to discuss your ideas and how to move forward. Feel free to contact us:
Shari Merrill, Associate Director, SAGE: email@example.com
Abigail Segura, Programs Lead, SAGE: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Phone: 657-278-2787
Application Management - Terra Dotta Training Materials
Before using Terra Dotta to access and review your program applications, you will first need staff-level access. To verify if you have the correct permissions, please contact Aileen Vickory at email@example.com.
To jump into using Terra Dotta to monitor and process study abroad/away program applications, please click on the links below to view our training materials.
If you would like further assistance, please contact Aileen Vickory at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange or inquire about upcoming in-person training sessions.
Beginners & Refresher Training
Use the Beginners & Refresher Training Powerpoint to view the full training information and instructions.
TDS Beginner & Refresher Training (9-18-19).pptx
See what students/applicants see when searching for and applying to study abroad/away programs.
Student/Applicant Experience Demo Video
Other Faculty Resources:
SAGE Virtual Diversity Resource Centers