Announcements > FRESHMEN & SOPHOMORES - FULLY FUNDED SUMMER STUDY ABROAD OPPORTUNITY!
If you meet the following criteria, please read further to learn more about a fully-funded study abroad opportunity!
1. You are freshman or sophomore student.
2. You receive a Pell Grant.
3. You reside in the U.S. with student status or be a U.S. citizen, U.S. national or permanent resident.
4. You have a min 3.0 G.P.A.
About the Fellowship
The Frederick Douglass Global Fellowship is made possible through a partnership between CIEE and the Penn Center for Minority Serving Institutions (PENN CMSI), in an effort to make study abroad accessible to students from Minority Serving Institutions (MSI).
100% of a recipients’ program fees and travel costs are covered for an intensive 4-week, 3-credit summer study abroad program designed to enhance their leadership and intercultural skills. Frederick Douglass Global fellows commit to sharing their experience and intercultural growth with peers and classmates.
Ten scholarships are awarded annually based on a combination of financial need, academic achievement, and nominations from students’ MSI senior leadership.
New for this year, all qualified applicants who don’t receive a Frederick Douglass Global Fellowship are guaranteed a $1,500 grant toward select summer '19 programs.
To be eligible for the 2019 Frederick Douglass Global Fellow scholarship, applicants must:
2019 Application Now Open
Please note that 2 applications are required for this program:
(1) the CSUF Study Abroad Online Application which you can complete here - Due by 1 February
(2) the CIEE Frederick Douglass Global Fellowship program application - Due by 14 February. See below for more details.
Items below should be submitted through the online application: