Programs > Brochure
Fulbright U.S. Student Program
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|NOTE: The above program start and end dates are approximate and will vary by the Fulbright program the applicant is accepted into. The CSUF campus application deadline and decision date are only used for the CSUF CAMPUS deadlines and do not reflect the requirement dates set forth by the US Fulbright Commission. Final submission deadlines and dates are found only on the US Fulbright Commission website.|
What is it?:
The Fulbright U.S. Student Program is the largest U.S. exchange program offering opportunities for students and young professionals to undertake international graduate study, advanced research, university teaching, and primary and secondary school teaching worldwide. The program currently awards approximately 1,900 grants annually in all fields of study, and operates in more than 140 countries worldwide. Fulbright U.S. Student alumni populate a range of professions and include ambassadors, members of Congress, judges, heads of corporations, university presidents, journalists, artists, professors, and teachers. Bose Corporation founder Amar Bose, actor John Lithgow, composer Philip Glass, opera singer Renee Fleming and economist Joseph Stiglitz are among notable former grantees. For more information, watch the below video or click HERE!
Why Should I Apply?:
Because the Fulbright program changes lives! Listen to those who have been transformed!
Who is Eligible?:
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens at the time of application. Permanent residents are not eligible. Please review the Ineligibility section below in relation to the eligibility of dual citizens.
- Applicants must have a conferred bachelor's degree or the equivalent before the start of the grant.
- In the creative and performing arts, four years of professional training and/or experience meets the basic eligibility requirement.
- Applicants must be in good health. Grantees will be required to submit a satisfactory Medical Certificate from a physician.
- Applicants must have sufficient proficiency in the written and spoken language of the host country sufficient to communicate with the people and to carry out the proposed study/research. This is especially important for projects in the social sciences and the humanities.
What is Required?:
There are several kinds of Fulbrights and accordingly the application requirements will vary. For a comprehensive list of requirements based on the varying types of awards, please visit the Fulbright website, HERE! All Fulbright applicants must eventually submit all application material through the main Fulbright application portal. Students should first review the various Fulbright programs that are available and how they correspond to your geographic and linguistic interests. Please review the "Getting Started" section of the Fulbright website, HERE!
In general, application requirements are listed below:
- Biographical Data
- Statement of Grant Purpose
- Affiliation Letter
- Personal Statement
- Foreign Language Forms