|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||CSUF applicants only|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Program Type:||CSUF Department/Faculty-Led||Housing Options:||Hotels|
|Areas of Study:||Communication Studies, Communications||Language of Instruction:||English|
|College:||College of Communications||Prerequisite:||Instructor Permission|
|CSUF Faculty:||Kazoleas, D.||Service Learning Opportunity:||Yes|
Communications Study Abroad in Mexico, Winter Session 2018
Ensenada is a resort city on the western coast of Mexico, which is a frequent tour destination for cruise ships and tour groups in Baja California. Ensenada features beautiful seaside vistas coupled with the warmth of Mexico’s culture!
This course will be offered in collaboration with CETYS, which is a university system within Mexico. The linkage with CETYS will allow CSUF students to work together with students from Mexico on a tourism based campaign project. Students will travel to Ensenada for 1 week as part of the course.
Program Dates: January TBD
January TBD: Orientation and background lectures on CSUF campus
January TBD: Ensenada program in collaboration with CETYS
January TBD: Final presentations on CSUF campus
- Earn 3 CSUF credits
- Course led by experienced CSUF faculty leader
- Meaningful integration of coursework with cultural activities
- Complete a communications course while having a once in a lifetime experience in cultural and scenic Ensenada!
- Opportunity to collaborate with Mexican peers on an authentic marketing project.
For more information about the this program please visit any of our information meetings below.
COM 470 International Public Relations
Course Description: A COM elective and an RTVF or HCOM collateral.
- This course will focus on the PR efforts behind tourism campaigns for Ensenada and Baja California.
- The course project will be campaign focused and will result in a new tourism campaign for travel to Ensenada Mexico.
- Mexico’s image to tourists will also be a target of the campaign.
Bio - insert bio here
|Insert faculty photo here|
College of Communications, Department of Communications
Students will live in a hotel which is located close to CETYS Ensenada campus, but yet close to the city of Ensenada.
Costs & Financial Aid
Program Fee: $800 (Approximate subject to change)
Covers lodging ($300), ground transportation to/from Ensendada and in Ensenada for program-related activities ($300), estimated food costs ($200). Foreign Travel Health Insurance coverage is provided by CSUF for the duration of your travel abroad ($0).
Additional Costs Not included in the Program Fee
- CSUF Winter Session 2018 tuition and student fees
- Passport and visa fees
- Meals not indicated above
- Personal expenses (shopping, entertainment, independent travel, etc.)
You must have a valid passport for at least six (6) months after the date of international departure. U.S. passport applications can be obtained at any major post office. See here for more information. This process usually takes about 4-6 weeks, so plan early to apply for a new or renewed passport.
U.S. passport holders do not require a visa to enter the country of Mexico for a period of up to 180 days. Find Mexico entry information here: https://mexico.visahq.com/.
Non-US passport holders can visit https://mexico.visahq.com/ for specific information about visa requirements.
Application & Deadlines
- Good academic standing
- Valid passport and visa (if applicable); see above section
- Completed online program application
Deadlines and Important Dates
|November 3, 2017||Extended Deadline: Online Application Due|
|November 6, 2017||Application Status Notification
|November 8, 2017||Student Commitment Deadline
|TBD||Program Payments Due|
|See Post-Decision Application||Online Program Forms Due|
Programming-related Questions (e.g. payments, enrollment, etc.): Abigail Segura, Study Abroad Program Coordinator - firstname.lastname@example.org
Course-related Questions: Dr. Dean Kazoleas, Director of the Maxwell Center for International Communications & Media - email@example.com
Application and Online Forms: Study Abroad Office - firstname.lastname@example.org